Showing posts from March 2013
I delivered an eventful Manual Handling Course on Friday – Let’s just say it was a shocking experience! A combination of an airbed, slide sheets and a polyester shirt certainly woke us up! Putting aside the static shocks it was a great course – We looked at some alternative methods of assisting our clients up the bed.
I’m off to Sale today to deliver Medication Awareness training- Let’s hope this course is pain free!
Posted by: Abby Hough on March 25th, 2013 @ 10:00 AM
The number of teenagers and young adults dying from cancer in the UK has halved since the 1970s, according to a report from Cancer Research UK.
Deaths fell from about 580 per year to 300 in this age group while the largest drop was in those with leukaemia.
More specialised treatments are likely to be behind the trend, the report said.
However, a teenage cancer expert said more young people should be enrolled on clinical trials.
Cancer remains the main cause of death from any disease in teenagers and young adults. Only transport accidents account for more deaths in this age group.
To read the full article click here.
Further warnings have been issued for snow, sleet and rain in parts of the UK, as the wintry weather continues.
Travel could be disrupted by snow forecast later across central and northern parts of the UK and it is expected to spread to the South and South East of England.
It comes after snow fell on Friday disrupting travel, schools and power supplies across parts of the UK.
To read the full article click here.
- 51 per cent of adults go online for health tips rather than visiting their doctor, 23 per cent rely on the media
- Only 22 per cent visit GP to discuss medical matters
- 49 per cent make lifestyle changes because of 'reaching a certain age' rather than based on medical advice
- 19 per cent have 'no idea' if their diet is healthy
If you want to read the full article click here.
A fantastic start to the week – A great Mandatory Training course at our Sale branch training 10 of our support workers and care staff. A lot of debating around infection control especially when we looked at the statistics given by the NHS Wash Hands Campaign - Up to half of all men and a quarter of women fail to wash their hands after they’ve been to the toilet frightening results!
Check out the campaign website for more skin crawling facts - http://www.wash-hands.com/hand_hygiene_and_you/did_you_know.
Posted by: Abby Hough on March 20th, 2013 @ 8:06 PM
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told