Showing posts tagged with: community
Routes Healthcare is acting as one of the local companies to sponsor and support Rathmell Young Farmers in Craven, North Yorkshire for its up and coming Rathmell Show, near Settle.
Many people with severe mental health problems miss out on the care they should
receive for physical illnesses, researchers say.
A British Journal of Psychiatry paper found those with severe mental illness were less likely to get drugs for conditions such as high blood pressure.
The University of Leicester team reviewed 61 existing studies to reach their conclusions.
Campaigners said patients' physical health was "often overlooked".
The studies analysed by the team covered almost two million people, mainly living in the US.
They looked at treatment of conditions including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis and HIV.
It was found that patients with severe mental illness, such as schizophrenia, received lower than expected prescriptions for essential drugs to treat high blood pressure, including ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers and statins.
Overall, it was estimated that the rate of undertreatment for medical conditions was 10% for those with severe mental illness.
To read the full article, click here.
Our Rochdale branch have recently had their CQC inspection and we are pleased to report they achieved a Good with an Outstanding rating.
Routes Healthcare Yorkshire are inviting you to visit them at the jobs fair at Bradford University.
The event will be held at Bradford University, Long Side Lane from 12.30-15.30pm on Thursday 25th May 2017. Please come along and visit our exhibit for information on Health and Social Care jobs in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and Leeds. Branch Manager Sarah Bailey hosts the event alongside specialist recruiters Ella-Mae Jackson and Laura Ainley Pearson.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Make safeguaarding everyone's business this World Elder Abuse Awareness Day!
Today is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) and we want to support all care workers to uphold the safety and dignity of the elders they care for.
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told