Showing posts tagged with: depression
Depressed women twice as likely to have a stroke: Health risk applies to those in their 40s and 50s warns major new study
Women in their 40s and 50s with depression are more than twice as likely to suffer a stroke, warns a landmark study.
Striking evidence suggests that the condition makes them more vulnerable in this age group – younger than previously expected.
In the 12-year study of thousands of women aged 47 to 52, it was found those with depression were 2.4 times more likely to suffer a stroke compared to those without.
To read the full article click here.
Scientists say they have identified the underlying reason why some people are prone to the winter blues, or seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
People with Sad have an unhelpful way of controlling the "happy" brain signalling compound serotonin during winter months, brain scans reveal.
As the nights draw in, production of a transporter protein ramps up in Sad, lowering available serotonin.
To read the full article please click here.
Talk therapy sessions can help reduce the risk of suicide among high-risk groups, suggests a US study.
Researchers from John Hopkins University tracked more than 5,000 Danish people who had attempted suicide and later received psychosocial counselling.
They found suicides went down by 26% after five years, compared to people who had no therapy sessions.
To read more please click here.
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
- Christmas Toy Collection
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told