Showing posts tagged with: funding
Questions are being asked about what impact a flagship government scheme to improve the care of vulnerable patients in England will have.
The £5.3bn Better Care Fund will be launched in April 2015 to encourage greater integration between the NHS and social care.
But a review by the National Audit Office found the scale of potential savings was overstated to start with.
The government said it disagreed with the criticisms.
However, the NAO said even now, the revised plans contained "bold assumptions".
Last month, ministers championed the impact the fund was going to have after announcing nearly all 151 local plans had been signed off.
The details of the schemes vary, but all involve some form of joint working between social workers, nurses and other community staff to improve the support offered, particularly to elderly people.
To read more please click here.
This new revenue allows for increased flexibility as part of the historic local government finance settlement seeing spending increase by more than two per cent.
Care services are facing cuts this year as rises in council tax have failed to plug the gaps in budgets in England, town hall chiefs are warning.
The government allowed councils to increase council tax by 2% this year to spend on care - and most have done so. But, according to a survey of all 151 social care directors, there is still a shortfall of nearly £1bn.
A campaign that aims to tackle the stigma around mental health has been given £20m in funding from the Department of Health, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.
The King’s Fund and Nuffield Trust have published a report on the sustainability of adult social care. It looks at the impact of budget reductions on social care for older people.
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
- Christmas Toy Collection
- Raising Awareness of Dementia
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told