Showing posts tagged with: hospital
A former deputy chief executive of the Care Quality Commission says she was not involved in any decision to delete a critical internal review.
Last week an independent report into the CQC's investigation of the deaths of babies at Furness General Hospital found evidence of a possible cover-up.
But Jill Finney told the BBC that she and two other senior colleagues did not decide to suppress the review.
She said they agreed it "required much further work" before being published.
More than 30 families have now taken legal action against the hospital in relation to baby and maternal deaths and injuries from 2008.
To read the full story, click here.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are about to have their first baby. There are plenty of things in short supply in this situation. Sleep, for example. But there is one thing that will come in unwelcomed abundance: Advice.
Family, friends and more or less total strangers feel a compulsive urge to give advice. The royal couple will have extra advice from every attention-seeking pundit who can squeeze on to a television studio sofa.
Pressure on mental health beds is so severe that some patients are having to be sectioned to secure necessary care, a survey of junior doctors suggests.
The Royal College of Psychiatrists questioned 576 trainees working in psychiatry across the UK.
The college said its findings suggested mental health services were approaching a "tipping point" and that the situation was "simply unacceptable".
Ministers said inpatient beds should be available for those who needed them.
The survey also suggests that critically unwell patients are being sent home because no bed can be found for them.
To read more about this, please click here.
Patients in England will see rising waiting times, rationing and cuts in the number of staff unless the NHS gets more money, health bosses say.
Routes Healthcare Tameside will be collecting donations for the Children's ward at Tameside Hospital. They are looking for toys to give to the children who will be in hospital over the Christmas period. Read More
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told