Showing posts tagged with: jobs in healthcare
The Skills Training Academy and Routes Healthcare are working in partnership and offer this AMAZING, REWARDING and INNOVATIVE ... Intro to Care Course!
The Intro to Care Course will fulfil your dreams of becoming a healthcare assistant, registered nurse, doctor or social worker within the healthcare sector.
Don't miss this opportunity to start a career in Healthcare!
For more details click here or phone 01253 756400 and ask for the "Intro to Care" Team.
The pressure of looking after children while caring for elderly relatives is taking its toll on all aspects of family life, a Carers UK survey suggests.
It found that a third of "sandwich carers" had to give up work, while two-thirds said their marriages had been damaged.
The charity is calling for care services and employers to support the 2.4 million families in this situation.
Three-quarters of those surveyed said they had suffered a loss of earnings, and 95% said the pressure of caring had affected their ability to work.
When asked about family finances, 52% said the cost of caring for elderly relatives was having an impact while 50% reported they were struggling with childcare costs.
The responsibilities of caring for young and old can be detrimental to family life too, the survey suggests, with two-thirds of sandwich carers reporting damage to their marriages or personal relationships.
View the original article here.
On working in partnership with one of the largest councils in the country Yvonne Barlow, Routes Branch Manager Manchester said “I’m delighted with the feedback from the recent audit, it caps off a wonderful year of supplying health, social and childcare professionals. I’d like to thank everyone within the Manchester Branch, it’s the fantastic teamwork that has enabled us to achieve this result, and re-enforces the company’s ethos of Excellence in All We Do! So, not only an excellent result but we have also been offered extra work”. I received the following direct written feedback immediately after:
“Yvonne, It was good to meet with you again this afternoon and I am pleased to confirm the positive result of the audit. I have now put Routes on the distribution lists for shifts at various units. For any candidates who are accepted for Children's Residential they will need a care profile (new format from January 2013) and must take this along with their CRB for their first shift at any of the units
The roles are Children's Residential Support Worker and Night Residential Support Worker and candidates require care and control training and must have twelve months experience of working in a children's residential setting.
We also have placements in the Quick Access Centre and the Homeless Hostels, there is no specific training required but candidates must have an enhanced CRB.”
Based in Blackpool we supply Health and Social Care Professionals throughout Lancashire, there are currently several members of the field team who are studying for their NVQ/QCF Level 2 or Level 3 apprenticeship in health and social care; additionally we also have 3 of the office based team completing a NVQ/QCF Level 3’s in business administration.
Offering jobs and employment to Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers within the homecare, domiciliary care, residential and nursing care sector it is imperative that high quality training underpins the delivery of an excellent service.
As a registered nurse and registered CQC manager I think that good quality appropriate training is therefore invaluable; and working as an apprentice on a work-based training programme designed around the needs of the employer which leads to a nationally recognised qualification.
Here at Routes we are very proud of the career pathway that we can offer to those with a genuine desire to work in healthcare.
With little or no experience in the Health or Social Care sector you can start with our “Route into Care Course”. The course provides individuals with the opportunity to study the theoretical side of Health and social care whilst gaining some practical supervised placements and working within a team of like minded individuals.
Upon completion of this you will have attained the following:
- 9 core units of the level 2 diploma in Health and Social care
- Employability and personal development certificate level 2
- Functional math’s and English at level 1 and you will also complete
- Technical certificates in Health and social care.
WOW and that’s all in 8 weeks!
For further information, advice and guidance please contact Simon Hamer at GP Skills Training Academy, our training partners, who provide the intro to care course and NVQ/QCF diplomas on (07891)886 529.
On completion of the course you will then be invited to complete our in house ‘OfQual’ registered training in manual handling First Aid, medication, health and safety, food hygiene, fire safety and safeguarding training courses to mention just a few; you will also be formally signed up to complete the rest of the level 2 diploma.
One of our field based carers Emma is a great example of how successful you can be. Emma began her career with Routes in August 2011 and signed up for her diploma level 2; she recently applied to uni to study social work and we are delighted to say she has been unconditionally offered a place to start in September.
We also are able to offer many courses that are one day and or distance learning that provide you the carer or support worker with an NCFE qualification including subjects such as: safe handling of medicines, team leadership, end of life care and dementia care.
So if you are passionate about gaining employment in healthcare and want to make it a career choice please give me and my team a call, just click here to access our details.
Nursing and Residential Homes - Registered Nurses
Routes Healthcare, providers of health, social and child care require registered nurses to work in nursing and residential homes.
Our expert recruiter Natalie Scully is seeking registered nurses for varied hours in Nursing and residential homes in Bingley, West Yorkshire. Motivated professionals will be invited to apply should the following criteria be met.
- Minimum of 6 months UK experience within the last 2 years
- DBS check (payable by applicant)
- Proof of professional qualification
- Knowledge & experience of Care sector
- Provide evidence of practical based training. I.e. ventilation & tracheostomy care, Cough Assist, Enteral feeding, end of life care and care of clients living with life limiting illnesses
- Provide 5 years referencing
- Knowledge of child/adult safeguarding policies and procedures
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told