Showing posts tagged with: Palliative Care
“Thousands of patients are “dying badly” in NHS hospitals every year,” The Independent reports. An audit, carried out by the Royal College of Physicians, found some NHS trusts are failing to adhere to agreed guidelines on palliative care.
Other problems, identified by the audit, and picked up by the media include “Sick and elderly patients are not being told they are dying in more than half of cases,” as The Daily Telegraph reports, and how “Only a fifth of hospitals have specialist palliative care workers on duty on Saturdays and Sundays” the Daily Mail reports.
The audit, despite the tone of much of the reporting, did find that some NHS Trust and staff were performing well. For example, 97% of bereaved relatives or friends questioned during the audit reported that they had trust and confidence in some or all of the nurses treating their loved ones.
To read more click here.
Three members of the Routes Healthcare Rochdale Team have been nominated by an external source for a Dignity in Care Best Practice award. Well done Florence Parkinson, Sally Guidon and Lesley Burns!
The 3 nominees have been invited to the Dignity in Care presentation afternoon which is taking place at Albion Church, Stamford Street, Ashton-under-Lyne on Thursday 26th June 2014 (1 - 3pm) to receive their certificates.
Presentations will also be made to services that have undertaken and completed the Daisy Accreditation and Re-Accreditation.
If so, we would love to hear from you. As one of the foremost providers of specialist care in the North, we are recruiting a branch RGN in Blackpool & Bradford and a Care Coordinator to join our community teams.
Congratulations to Tracy, Sabrina, Paula, Nicola, Saffia and Helen.....
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told