Showing posts tagged with: registered nurse
The Skills Training Academy and Routes Healthcare are working in partnership and offer this AMAZING, REWARDING and INNOVATIVE ... Intro to Care Course!
The Intro to Care Course will fulfil your dreams of becoming a healthcare assistant, registered nurse, doctor or social worker within the healthcare sector.
Don't miss this opportunity to start a career in Healthcare!
For more details click here or phone 01253 756400 and ask for the "Intro to Care" Team.
Nursing and Residential Homes - Registered Nurses
Routes Healthcare, providers of health, social and child care require registered nurses to work in nursing and residential homes.
Our expert recruiter Natalie Scully is seeking registered nurses for varied hours in Nursing and residential homes in Bingley, West Yorkshire. Motivated professionals will be invited to apply should the following criteria be met.
- Minimum of 6 months UK experience within the last 2 years
- DBS check (payable by applicant)
- Proof of professional qualification
- Knowledge & experience of Care sector
- Provide evidence of practical based training. I.e. ventilation & tracheostomy care, Cough Assist, Enteral feeding, end of life care and care of clients living with life limiting illnesses
- Provide 5 years referencing
- Knowledge of child/adult safeguarding policies and procedures
Our expert recruiters in our Rochdale Branch are seeking Community Nurses for varied hours. Motivated professionals will be invited to apply should the following criteria be met.
You must have:
- the ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
- excellent communication and listening skills
- an assertive, confident and flexible approach
- tact, understanding, patience and sensitivity
- the ability to teach others how to carry out routine nursing tasks
- good teamwork skills and the ability to work alone
- good timekeeping
- a thorough approach to record-keeping and good organisational skills
- the ability to anticipate and identify potential health problems.
Your work would involve visiting clients with a range of conditions on a regular basis - sometimes several times a day. You would assess and respond quickly to their needs, and plan and manage their care. Your community-based support could help patients avoid being admitted to hospital, or assist in speeding up their discharge from hospital.
Your clients would typically include:
- older people with health problems
- those with terminal illnesses
- people who are physically disabled.
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- administering drugs
- checking temperature, blood pressure and breathing
- assisting doctors with physical examinations
- giving injections
- cleaning and dressing wounds
- monitoring or setting up intravenous drips
- providing emotional support and practical advice to patients and their families teaching basic caring skills where needed.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact the Rochdale office on 01706 751245 or email your CV to the Rochdale Team at Rochdale@routeshealthcare.com
Recommend a nurse to Routes Healthcare Rochdale and you will receive £50 after they have worked their first shift - It pays to know the right people!!
The care given to people dying in hospital is "deeply concerning", according to doctors who have carried out a review of standards in England.
The audit found only a fifth of hospitals provided specialist end-of-life care seven days a week - 10 years after this was recommended.
Communication was also particularly poor, the joint Royal College of Physicians and Marie Curie review said.
More than 500,000 people die each year in England - half of them in hospital.
The review looked at the care given to more than 6,500 people who had died last year in 149 hospitals.
Some but not all of them had been on the controversial Liverpool Care Pathway.
This covers care given during the final stages of life and can involve withdrawal of medication, food and fluids, but is being phased out following criticism about how it was being used.
More than 800 bereaved relatives were also asked for their views. Three-quarters said they felt supported during their loved-one's final two days of life.
To read more about this, please click here.
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told