Audit of NHS care for the dying published
“Thousands of patients are “dying badly” in NHS hospitals every year,” The Independent reports. An audit, carried out by the Royal College of Physicians, found some NHS trusts are failing to adhere to agreed guidelines on palliative care.
Other problems, identified by the audit, and picked up by the media include “Sick and elderly patients are not being told they are dying in more than half of cases,” as The Daily Telegraph reports, and how “Only a fifth of hospitals have specialist palliative care workers on duty on Saturdays and Sundays” the Daily Mail reports.
The audit, despite the tone of much of the reporting, did find that some NHS Trust and staff were performing well. For example, 97% of bereaved relatives or friends questioned during the audit reported that they had trust and confidence in some or all of the nurses treating their loved ones.
To read more click here.
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told
There are currently no comments for this post, use the form below to be the first!.