Care costs to be capped for elderly
Pensioners who face selling their homes to pay for long-term care will be offered state protection for the first time under government plans to be outlined next week.
Ministers are expected to put on record their commitment to the principle of introducing a “cap” on the amount individuals pay for care during their lives to prevent costs reaching “catastrophic” levels.
However, the Coalition will risk angering charities and campaigners by deferring for at least a year a decision on how to pay for the reforms.
Pensioners will almost certainly see no benefit before the next general election.
The plan, contained in a “progress report” on social care funding, is expected to be published on Wednesday alongside a White Paper outlining major reforms to services for disabled and elderly adults in England.
David Cameron and Nick Clegg will review the detail of the proposals before they are put to the Cabinet next week. Family members who care for frail relatives will be given legal rights to support from councils for the first time.
Andrew Healing of Routes Healthcare commented ..."The Government raids the savings of those who have been careful and cautious and paid their taxes and NI throughout their working lives, then expects them to raid their bank accounts and sell their properties – we either provide healthcare or we don’t. I am sure that everybody would welcome a shake-up of the current system and I for one, will be waiting for the White Paper to be published later this week."
For the full article see this weekend's Daily Telegraph at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9382983/Care-costs-to-be-capped-for-elderly.html
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told
There are currently no comments for this post, use the form below to be the first!.