Dementia in the Family: The impact on carers
The report shines a spotlight on the daily challenges of caring for a loved one who has dementia.
The report explores the experiences of people who are caring for family members with dementia, highlighting the heavy toll the condition can take on family carers. Dementia in the Family: The impact on carers shines a spotlight on the daily realities for these people, which are shared by many of the 700,000 people in the UK who are caring for a loved one with dementia.
In-depth interviews with the carers reveal how dementia changes family relationships, leaves people socially isolated, and affects both the health and finances of family carers. All too often, family carers sacrifice their own well-being to ensure their loved one has the best care possible. Their experiences underline the urgent need for research to defeat dementia.
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
- Christmas Toy Collection
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told