Initial feedback from the CQC inspection
Please find extracts from the report following CQC's unannounced visit:
As part of our inspection we spoke with the relatives of people who use the service and
with healthcare teams who commission services from the agency.
People told us; "It's an excellent service", "We couldn't have coped without them", "They
listen to me", "The manager is prompt in responding to any issues or questions" and
Comments received from healthcare teams were also very complimentary about the
service provided. These included; "The majority of the patients we commission care for are
approaching the end of their life and they [the agency] respond quickly, efficiently and
flexibly to our patients needs", "The manager is highly professional in her approach" and
"They are always able to provide skilled competent carers".
During our visit we saw that policies and procedures were in place to promote the safety
and protection of people. These included information about safeguarding adults and
children, whistle blowing and confidentiality.
We looked at a sample of staff files to see what training had been offered to staff in
relation to the protection of vulnerable adults and children. We saw that safeguarding
adults training was included in the induction training completed by all staff. We were also
told that training in child protection procedures had been undertaken several days prior to
As part of this inspection we spoke with staff. We asked them to tell us what they would do
if an allegation of abuse was made to them, or if they suspected that abuse had occurred.
What they told us confirmed that they had an understanding of what action should to be
taken to ensure people's safety.
The manager showed us a complaints log where issues had been brought to her attention.
Information showed that these had been investigated and the complainant had received a
response detailing the findings. We were not aware of any issues or concerns about the
We were also shown 'thank you' cards, which had been received by the agency from
people complimenting them about the service provided. Some of the comments included;
"Wonderful job and incredible kindness", "They [the staff] treated my relative with the
respect they deserved" and "They [the staff] gave me peace of mind".
People spoken with as part of our inspection knew who to speak with if they had any
issues or concerns and felt confident any issues would be addressed promptly.
A healthcare professional also said; "Any isolated incidence of concern are dealt with
promptly ensuring any quality issues are addressed immediately" and "I have no concerns
about using this company".
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
- Christmas Toy Collection
- Raising Awareness of Dementia
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told