Lancashire Fire and Rescue & Routes Healthcare Partnership
Hot off the press!
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Partnership working.
Starting in December Routes Healthcare in Blackpool, (Providers of Health, Social and Childcare Professionals), will be working alongside Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service(LFRS) to ensure our staff are even better trained in fire safety awareness and also protect our clients, especially the most vulnerable.
Routes Healthcare will send each client a letter inviting them to have a free Home Fire Safety Check conducted by the LFRS. On completion of a fire safety check, the LFRS, will feed back to Routes Healthcare any recommendations they have, to be included in the Routes Healthcare care plans.
Special consideration will be made for clients with mobility or cognitive difficulties and specialist equipment such as smoke alarms and fire retardant bedding may be supplied free of charge for those at risk.
Routes staff will be trained by our own training team and assessed and certificated by LFRS. It is a great opportunity for us to do some partnership working and we are considering rolling it out to all branches once we have liaised with the relevant managers and fire services.
Fire risk is generally not high on our agenda, until there is an incident often with devastating consequences.
We want all our staff and clients to be fire safe. Winter is a high risk time because people are using heaters and fires, soon the boughs will be decked with holly and other decorations, presenting an increased risk for us all.
Please be fire aware, have a warm and safe winter!
Routes Healthcare Training Team
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told