Listening to people with dementia and their carers
The Department of Health’s listening programme will include different ways of gathering people’s views and experiences, both in person and online.
The first part of this work is an online survey for people who have been diagnosed with dementia in the past 2 years (since November 2014), and people who provide unpaid care for them. The survey, which is open until 31 January 2017, asks about people’s experiences of dementia diagnosis, support and awareness. It has been produced in consultation with people with dementia, their carers and partner organisations.
As well as the online survey, local dementia groups will be able to discuss the questions in groups or one to one and feed the results back to the department. To help with this, they have published guidance on holding discussions with people with dementia and carers. They want to make sure that they hear from as many people as possible, particularly those from diverse communities and those whose voices aren’t often heard. They will be organising specific discussion groups with these communities.
This survey, and the future plans for the programme, will help to assess what difference the Dementia Challenge 2020 Implementation Plan is having and where further improvements to the delivery of services and support may be needed at a local level.
The programme’s scope will cover the 5 main themes in the Implementation Plan:
- health and care
- risk reduction
- dementia awareness and social action
- continuing the UK’s global leadership role
The feedback, data and information gathered will inform the formal review of the Implementation Plan in 2018.
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told