NHS England issues cold weather alert
NHS England has issued a cold weather alert for the next seven days, warning the public that services could be disrupted and asking vulnerable patients to take extra care.
On its website it says there is a 70% probability of severe cold weather and icy conditions between Monday and Sunday in some regions.
Cold weather increases the risk of heart attacks, strokes and flu.
People can also slip and injure themselves in the ice and snow.
Prolonged periods of cold weather can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases.
The Met Office says on its website: "After a mild start to Monday colder conditions will gradually spread southeastwards across England today and overnight. Showers will follow, these becoming wintry, even to lower levels at times overnight and also through Tuesday.
"At low levels any snowfall accumulations will be slight, compared to more significant accumulations over higher ground. Icy stretches are also likely to form on untreated surfaces from Monday night, especially across northern England.
"The colder conditions with wintry showers will persist through to Sunday, apart for a milder period Wednesday night when very wet and very windy conditions move east across England. There is some uncertainty for the weekend, but less cold conditions may spread to southern parts for Saturday and Sunday."
To read the full article click here.
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told
There are currently no comments for this post, use the form below to be the first!.