NHS told to streamline 'complicated' complaints process
The complaints system for the NHS in England is "hopelessly complicated" and needs an overhaul, according to the patients' watchdog.
Healthwatch England says more than 70 organisations are involved in dealing with complaints about the NHS and social care.
It wants the process to be simplified to ensure patients get more support.
NHS England says it is committed to improving how complaints are handled and is piloting a new approach.
Several inquiries have highlighted failings in the complaints systems for health and social care, and the dangers of failing to heed patients' concerns.
Now Healthwatch England's review of the complaints system - based on public responses to its survey - has discovered there are up to 75 different types of organisation involved in the process.
Initially, health and care providers - including hospitals, GP practices and care homes - or their commissioning bodies can be challenged.
Read more about this here.
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told