Now a gag on doctors and nurses: Hundreds being prevented from exposing poor care in hospitals by 'Stalinist' rules
Hundreds of doctors, nurses and NHS managers are being prevented from exposing poor care by ‘Stalinist’ gagging orders.
A leading surgeon said the case of Gary Walker, who broke his silence to tell the Mail about high death rates, was just the tip of the iceberg.
Mike Parker said the secret deals to keep former staff quiet were a ‘threat to the survival of the Health Service’.
Freedom of Information requests show that 90 per cent of severance agreements between health trusts and doctors have gagging clauses. They stop frontline staff revealing their concerns about patient safety and hospital standards. Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt says he will write to all health trusts, urging them to drop the clauses or face ‘the consequences’ if they don’t.
But the row has placed question marks over the future of the most powerful man in the NHS, Sir David Nicholson, who has clung to his job despite presiding over the Mid Staffordshire hospital disaster that cost the lives of 1,200 patients.
To read more click here.
- Jun 2021 (1)
- Feb 2020 (1)
- Apr 2018 (1)
- Mar 2018 (1)
- Jan 2018 (3)
- Dec 2017 (5)
- Nov 2017 (7)
- Oct 2017 (8)
- Sep 2017 (8)
- Aug 2017 (4)
- Jul 2017 (5)
- Jun 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- Apr 2017 (3)
- Mar 2017 (4)
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Jan 2017 (1)
- Dec 2016 (5)
- Nov 2016 (8)
- Oct 2016 (7)
- Sep 2016 (2)
- Aug 2016 (6)
- Jul 2016 (6)
- Jun 2016 (1)
- A Career in Care - Jessica's Story
- Routes Blog 2020!
- Liverpool CQC inspection achieves a Good
- A huge THANK YOU to all our fantastic field and branch staff!
- Recruitment Opportunity in Newcastle
- Preston has moved
- Tameside's Christmas Toy Collection
- Certificate of Inspiration
- Tameside receive an OUTSTANDING in Care
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told