Routes Healthcare Branch Manager helps school in Zimbabwe
Yvonne Barlow, Routes Branch Manager in Sale, has kindly donated books and clothes to Guni Secondary School in Zimbabwe.
Below is an extract from the thank you received from the Chairman of the school.
"The donation came at the right time when we, through the Guni Old Students Association, are pushing for a revamp of the system at the schools, seeking to improve performance in both curricular and extracurricular activities. The current state of the schools and the educational system needs review and we are engaging all stakeholders for support. For the Primary school, reconstruction in required (see attached photos), while at the secondary school, it is a matter of adding educational resources and reviewing the system. We envisage transforming Guni Schools into model schools, centres of excellence in core and non-core curricular activities, and schools which upholds highest levels of discipline, integrity and professionalism. To achieve this, involvement of the community, former students, and other interested stakeholders is of paramount importance. As such, we are actively pushing for increased and committed participation of these stakeholders in the development of the school. We are striving to inculcate a sense of social responsibility in the former students so that they come on board to assist the schools and the community at large with similar if not better donations.
A selection of books kindly donated by Yvonne and friends.
Current State of the School
Lastly, kindly express our gratitude to the people who enabled this donation to be a reality success. Special mention goes to Yvonne Barlow who provided some of the books and Mr Magada who assisted with the logistical arrangements for shipment of the books. Indeed, these are our partners and true Friends of Guni Schools!!! We would be glad to receive more donations from you."
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told