The Great British Care Awards - Routes staff nominated for Carer of the Year
The Great British Care Awards
'Celebrating Excellence Across The Social Care Sector'
The Great British Care Awards are a series of regional events throughout England and are a celebration of excellence across the care sector. The purpose of the awards is to pay tribute to those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding excellence within their field of work. This year there are 9 regional awards leading to 2 national finals for both the home care and care home sectors to be held at a prestigious central London venue in 2013.
There are nineteen awards categories available for nomination, which represent all areas of the social care sector, whether it be older people or specialist services, residential or home care, from frontline staff such as care workers and care managers to people who have made an impact in other ways such as training and innovation.
Here at Blackpool, having perused the nomination forms and criteria, we found it very difficult to nominate just one individual home carer as the whole team had demonstrated ongoing excellence in their service delivery to clients, so we sent the nomination forms out to our clients and the field team asking them to nominate any colleagues they felt deserved the award. We were exceptionally pleased when a nomination for Richard Egnor resulted in him being shortlisted for the North West final for Carer of the Year!
We will be attending a Gala event at Blackpool Tower on 12 October to support Rick. The team at Blackpool have received several awards and nominations this year, both in the office and the field and it is wonderful to be recognised for “excellence in all we do” primarily because we don’t do the things we do for accolade but because we want to do the best we can everyday, in every way.
Routes Director, Andrew Healing, perhaps puts it best with his team directive “never compromise on quality and always act in the best interests of our clients”.
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told