ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT in Rochdale
Routes Healthcare are a leading service provider in the North of England delivering over 1.8 million hours of care per year to the community. We specialise in high quality homecare covering complex care, clinical care and reablement as well as hospital discharge solutions to the NHS.
We work closely in partnership with the NHS and local authorities to support individuals to live independently in their own homes and achieve their own outcomes.
We promote a strong positive, can-do attitude and a well-supported engaged workforce. . At Routes Healthcare, our ethos is 'Excellence in all we do’. We aim to deliver a high-quality service for our clients that our employees can be proud of.
Currently we are expanding as a business which leaves us looking to recruit a passionate experienced Assistant Accountant to join our team and propel Routes along their journey into the future of Healthcare.
This role will support the Financial Controller on a range of day-to-day and month-end finance duties assisting in preparing and ensuring robust and timely management information. The role will also support the Accounts Payable function so there will be elements of the role that are of a transactional nature. The list is not exhaustive, and your duties may vary and change with the business as the role grows and develops.
Role: Assistant Accountant
Hours: Full time hours 35 per week.
Location: Rochdale based with hybrid remote working, Training will be in Macclesfield
Salary: negotiable depending on experience.
This new exciting, fresh opportunity has arisen to become a key part in the Routes family and be hands on in ensuring high quality standards.
As a Assistant Accountant you will be seen as a wealth of knowledge and support for your team and be expected to:
- Monitoring and dealing with emails in the finance inbox
- Check & post supplier invoices and credit notes to Sage 200
- Supplier Statement Reconciliations
- Prepare 2 supplier bacs payment runs per month for 1st stage review
- Collate, check & process employee expenses to Sage 200 ensuring all receipts are received and mileage is accurate for expenses payment run
- Prepare 2 employee expenses payment runs per month for 1st stage review
- Collate, check & process branch petty cash reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Daily Bank Reconciliation via bank feed function in Sage 200
- Reconcile company Credit Cards and ensure all receipts are received
- Month end P&L checks ensuring appropriate costs are included before month end proceedings
- Monitor and get best prices for all electric/gas/water renewals.
- Ensuring energy suppliers are updated with accurate readings and are notified upon vacation of premises to ensure accurate final bills are submitted
- Ensuring balance sheet nominals are accurate and up to date including preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliations with support where appropriate
- Assist in month end duties for main trading entity
- Responsibility for month-end duties for subsidiary entity, producing management accounts to trial balance
- Support on the year end external audit process, preparing and providing financial information / reports
- Assisting in other general finance tasks to ensure efficient day to day running of the purchase ledger
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
- AAT qualified or part-qualified ACCA/CIMA Accountant
- Experience in an accounts position, looking for more exposure and development around month end activities
- Good IT skills and a competent user of Excel – VLOOKUP and pivot tables as standard
- Previous use of Sage 200 would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills – approachable and down to earth with good communication skills
- Highly enthusiastic and looking to develop and progress in the role
- Good time planning skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter with excellent team work abilities, who remains calm under pressure
We are looking for people who display the right values to keep Routes the leading service provider across the north of England.
We are truly invested in the development of our staff. We have a clear pathway for our employees to learn and adapt into their career aspiriations.
We are seeking an AAT qualified or CIMA/ACCA part-qualified Assistant Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, be very well organised, have a strong attention to detail and can work to strict deadlines. Knowledge of Sage 200 is preferred and strong IT skills particularly in MS Excel is essential.
As our commitment to you there are a fantastic range of employee benefits available some of which include:
• 25 days paid holiday
- 8 days paid Bank Holiday
- Extra day off for your birthday
• Opportunity to earn bonus after successful probation period
• Opt in to work based pension
• Full support, to enable you to do your job with confidence
• Opportunity for career progression and CPD, based on your career aspirations and your discussion with your line manager.
• Full induction provided.
- Fantastic customer service to clients, commissioners and care staff.
- Growing and developing the service.
- Going the extra mile to provide excellence in all you do.
Above all we want you to enjoy coming to work, have the freedom to be yourself and make a positive impact to clients, care staff, colleagues and commissioners.
If this role sounds like it was tailored made for you please click the apply button on this page and leave a few details. One of our experienced recruiters will contact you in regards to your application.
Due to the volume of applications we receive across the business we aim to respond within 1 – 3 working days, however sometimes this is not achievable so please feel free to contact ourselves.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and kickstarting your career in healthcare.