Assistant Manager in Manchester
Assistant Manager for maternity cover required for established leading Complex Care and Homecare Service Provider in Manchester. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated individual who has a passion for delivering excellent high quality Homecare Care. You will have overall responsibility for developing the service through its existing contracts but similarly establishing new business.
Routes Healthcare have delivered Clinical Homecare/Homecare services across Northern England since 2012, currently providing 1.7m hours of homecare. At Routes Healthcare, our ethos is 'Excellence in all we do’. We aim to deliver a high-quality service that exceeds expectations and both our clients and employees can be proud of. In a recent survey, 86% of our staff said that they are proud to work for Routes Healthcare and 87% of our staff said that they would recommend our services to clients.
You will be accountable for service compliance and the growth of the business. Candidates must be in possession of or working towards a Level 4 Leadership and Management and be a car driver.
Would suit an individual who is looking to make the next step in their care career.
Job Title: Assistant Manager (Maternity Cover)
Department: Branch Based
Reports to: Registered Manager
Hours of Work: Full time.
Salary: negotiable depending on experience.
Role purpose and overview
To support with upholding the National Minimum Standards and expected Outcomes as
laid down by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
It is envisaged that a Level 4 in Leadership and Management is desirable as a minimum to
fulfil the role and to also have relevant industry experience. The candidate must be aware
of advances and alterations in the broad environment that may potentially affect the
business and build awareness amongst colleagues of these changes.
• Weekly compliance checks (Field worker/clients)
• Quality audits and actions (long hours reporting and
monitoring, capacity in workforce)
• Sharing of management information such as pipeline data
• Recruitment - Support and participate in field worker
interviews, open events, job centre programmes and other
• Assist with growth aspiration and vision of branch and
• Retention of field workers
• Client visits.
• Support branch colleagues with run reviews
• Representation at MDT meetings
• Driving processes and implement change management
• Safeguarding and complaints management in absence of
• To complete CQC statutory notifications when required to do so.
• To comply with all mandatory legislation in order to provide care
solutions to Clients. E.g. the Care Act 2014, Care Standards Act,
Employment Law, AWR, Pensions Act, Working Time Regulations
and CQC Outcomes.
• To complete Risk Assessments as necessary, in line with current
legislation. These may include field-based assessments, worker and
• To ensure accurate payroll information such as add/deds, petty cash,
DBS payments ant timesheets are submitted to meet the required
• To keep pay rates and charge rates for all temporary roles in line with
Agenda for change, NHSP and other agencies to ensure Routes
Healthcare remains competitive and fair at all times.
• To ensure all steps are taken to assess the ability of clients to pay
promptly before doing business, to gain optimum results from sales
and service efforts.
• To manage the financial income and expenditure for the Branch and
build reports as requested by the Operations Director.
• To strive to meet all budgeted targets set in the business plan.
• Train and develop branch staff to enable them to achieve optimum
productivity and performance whilst providing a quality service.
• To ensure that that all workers supplied are competent and trained
to undertake the activities for which they are assigned and
• To ensure that all field and branch compliance is meeting
expectations e.g. 95% at ad-hoc compliance.
• Chair meetings as appropriate
• To comply at all times with the Company’s procedures regarding
Conduct and Confidentiality.
• To be responsible, while at work, for ensuring that reasonable care
is taken for one’s own health and safety and also for the health and
safety of others.
• To be responsible and take ownership for one’s continuous
personal development, undertaking relevant training as and when
appropriate, including appropriate Health and Safety Training.
• To be responsible for any other task identified by the Line Manager
as falling reasonably within the scope and range of the position. Job Description – Assistant Manager
Qualifications and Professional Registration/Memberships
Must be in possession of or working towards a Leadership & Management Level 4.
Our commitment to you
• 25 days paid holiday plus an extra day for your birthday
• Opportunity to earn bonus after successful probation period
• Opt in to work based pension
• Full support, to enable you to do your job with confidence
• Opportunity for career progression and CPD
• Full induction and the opportunity to progress in your career.
So if you are passionate about care and enjoy growing safe services we would love to meet with you. Please apply online or contact Tai 07519 380804 or on TaiBaruwa@routeshealthcare.com
Dependant on experience