Clinical Case Manager in Manchester
Clinical Case Manager
Routes Healthcare are a leading service provider in the North of England delivering over 1.8 million hours of care per year to the community. We specialise in high quality homecare covering complex care, clinical care and reablement as well as hospital discharge solutions to the NHS.
We work closely in partnership with the NHS and local authorities to support individuals to live independently in their own homes and achieve their own outcomes.
We promote a strong positive, can-do attitude and a well-supported engaged workforce. At Routes Healthcare, our ethos is 'Excellence in all we do’. We aim to deliver a high-quality service for our clients that our employees can be proud of.
Role: Clinical Case Manager
Hours: Full time hours 35+ per week.
Location: North west
Salary: negotiable depending on experience.
Due to the nature of our business and the role the successful candidate will require to be in possession of a full valid UK driving licence with access to their own vehicle.
This new exciting, fresh opportunity has arisen to become a key part in the Routes family and be hands on in ensuring high quality standards.
As Clinical Case Manager you will be seen as a wealth of knowledge and support for your team and be expected to:
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to support the Business in providing an effective and comprehensive service. Case Mangers will act as a role model creating a supportive ethos to empower staff to contribute to the high delivery of care. He/she will be presentable, have a professional attitude, be reliable, customer focused and enjoy working within a busy client focused environment.
They will maintain internal and external standards upholding CQC regulations, contractual requirements, NICE guidelines, company best practice and Equal Opportunities.
▪ To have continuing responsibility for setting and monitoring standards and quality of care delivered to service users.
▪ To take joint ownership of a caseload of complex clients and manage their care package holistically in collaboration with the clients appointed Nurse Case Manager.
▪ To work closely with the recruitment team, training team and scheduling team to ensure our clients have sufficient levels of safe staffing.
▪ To develop, review and implement client care plans and risk assessments in line with CQC regulations and best practice guidance, and to assist in developing the skills of non-qualified staff to support you.
▪ To co-ordinate and lead the transition (start-up) and ongoing continuity of all allocated complex care packages. This will involve, working with clients and their wider group of professionals, take part in MDT’s, work with the Nurse Case Managers to ensure clinical safety, maintain appropriate skill mix to ensure safe and effective practice and support clients to achieve positive outcomes.
▪ To engage in appropriate networking and to work proactively in partnership with Clinical Commissioning Groups and Social Services, attending case conferences/ MDT meetings as required.
▪ Work collaboratively with the Nurse Case Manager to ensure the ongoing competency of healthcare workers. Support with non-clinical workplace observations, supervisions and one-to-one support sessions as required.
▪ To ensure continuous quality improvement through the use of client and third-party feedback and reflection of self and other team members, and to gather supporting documentary evidence.
▪ To develop and maintain a culture of person-centred care within the community and throughout Routes Healthcare.
▪ To monitor and ensure high standards of documentation and record keeping in accordance with the CQC, national legislation and local standards.
▪ To carry out full care package client reviews either 6 weekly or quarterly, depending on the need.
▪ To carry out regular auditing of records and daily evaluation notes, completing appropriate actions and outcomes, and reporting trends to the Service
▪ To attend meetings to continuously improve practice and share information with the wider company; to assist in developing appropriate Standard Operating Procedures; to implement and monitor evidence-based policies, procedures and protocols, and to assist in the decision making on clinical matters relating to the business.
▪ To undertake the write up of case studies as required to share with relevant others, to promote Routes Healthcare or contribute towards any tender processes when required.
▪ To inform the Service Manager of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of care and /or health and safety of both clients and healthcare workers.
▪ To identify opportunities to develop care and services by ensuring that there are effective systems in place.
▪ To ensure individual and team KPI’s are maintained
▪ To ensure complaints are managed in line with internal organisational policies; to ensure safeguarding’s are prioritised and responded to appropriately, and with support of the Service Manager and Service Improvement Team.
▪ To undertake any tasks and projects as determined by the Service Manager
- To comply at all times with the Company’s procedures regarding Conduct and Confidentiality.
- To be responsible, while at work, for ensuring that reasonable care is taken for one’s own health and safety and also for the health and safety of others.
- To be responsible and take ownership for one’s continuous personal development, undertaking relevant training as and when appropriate, including appropriate Health and Safety Training.
- To ensure systems and databases are kept up to date
- To be responsible for any other task identified by the Line Manager as falling reasonably within the scope and range of the position.
As our commitment to you there are a fantastic range of employee benefits available some of which include:
- 25 days paid holiday
- 8 days paid Bank Holiday
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Opt in to work based pension
- Full support, to enable you to do your job with confidence
- Opportunity for career progression and CPD, based on your career aspirations and your discussion with your line manager.
- Full induction provided.
.Duties, hours and location of work may be different from time to time, in accordance with Business needs and requirements of your Role. You may therefore be required to carry out additional/alternative tasks within the scope and range of the position.
Above all we want you to enjoy coming to work, have the freedom to be yourself and make a positive impact to clients, care staff, colleagues and commissioners.
If this role sounds like it was tailored made for you please click the apply button on this page and leave a few details. One of our experienced recruiters will contact you in regards to your application.
Due to the volume of applications we receive across the business we aim to respond within 1 – 3 working days, however sometimes this is not achievable so please feel free to contact ourselves for an update.