Routes Healthcare is passionate about ensuring clients receive the highest standard of care. To maintain and improve our standards, we utilise our Clinical Governance framework, proactively seeking feedback from our clients and commissioners, making improvements wherever they are needed and continuously supporting, valuing and developing our staff.
Our Clinical Governance approach ensures that Routes Healthcare clients always receive the right care, at the right time and by the right person within a safe environment.
Our Commitment to "Excellence in all we do”
● We will continuously improve standards of care to our clients and seeking their feedback.
● We will continuously support, value and develop our staff.
● We will work in partnership with our private and NHS colleagues for best clinical practice.
● We will celebrate what we already do well, working in an honest and open way, being transparent about what we need to improve.
Seven areas of our working practice
Routes Health Care’s Clinical Governance focuses on seven areas of our working practice. This holistic approach looks at the system for areas of improvement, viewing all areas as interconnected and informing each other. For example, Clinical Effectiveness relies on continuous training, and in turn, the Training delivered is informed by information from our Clinical Effectiveness:
1. Risk Management - Robust systems are in place to understand, monitor and minimise risks to our Clients and Staff. We foster a supportive environment, feeling safe to admit mistakes so we can share what we have learnt.
2. Clinical Audit - Clinical practice is continuously monitored ensuring that any weaknesses in standards are swiftly remedied.
3. Education, Training and Continuing Personal and Professional Development - Routes Healthcare staff are confident in performing their duties, receiving continuous and regularly updated training, developing careers and updating skills with current best practice.
4. Clinical Effectiveness - Everything we do is designed around providing person-centred outcomes for our clients’
5. Information – Ensuring Client and Staff data is up-to-date and confidentiality practices are secure and in-line with current industry standards
6. Client and Carer Experience and Involvement – Routes Healthcare Clients are involved in the delivery of their care wherever they are able to. Our staff encourage and support this wherever possible. improving suitability and sustainability.
7. Staffing and Staff Management - reviewing recruitment processes and management of staff, working conditions, performance, staff benefits and retention.